2017 Annual Union Lawyers and Industrial Officers (ULIO) Conference - SAVE THE DATE ONLY
The 2017 Annual Labour Law Conference has been confirmed and some conference highlights are below– a final program will go out by the end of January 2017 including the cost.
The dates to save in 2017 are:
Thursday 23 February 12Noon – 5:00pm and Friday 24 February 9:00am – 5:00pm
Auditorium, Lower Ground Floor, Trades Hall, 4-10 Goulburn Street, Sydney
Conference highlights for our 2017 program include:
· International speaker: Peter Cranney, New Zealand Labour Lawyer - Pay equity in the NZ Supreme Court;
· Aaron McKinnon and Lisa Doust: Successful strategies against employer proposals to terminate Agreements - Essential Energy
· Sophie Ismail of ACTU speaking on “Award Test cases: Lessons from the Award Review Family and Domestic Violence case”.
· Patricia Lowson of Garfield Barwick Chambers speaking on the Equal Pay Test Cases in the Australian jurisdiction;
· Associate Professor Shae McCrystal discussing her research on Protected Industrial Action Ballot Orders;
and a range of other topics which cover all mandatory continuing legal education points required for practicing solicitors, with a sound coverage of mandatory subjects (practice management), practical developments in the law, and the strategic planning and enforcement strategies of leading union/legal thinkers.
Further details, including the flyer, will be sent out soon.
RSVP on this page in order to receive further information. RSVPs to the actual conference will take place at a later date.
Rose Docwra ·