The Health Services Union NSW/ACT/QLD is a strong, growing union that aims to use its collective power to build a fair and just society through improving conditions for our members in the health and aged care industry.
The HSU is currently hiring to fill two vacancies based in Aged Care Division.
- Recruit workers to the HSU;
- Build activism amongst union members and mentoring members into leadership
- Visit aged care and disability workplaces across Sydney, NSW.
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- The position requires someone with excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and negotiations skills and who has the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment;
- Excellent organising skills and ideas;
- Drivers licence;
- Demonstrated success at growing union membership and leadership;
- Ability to strategise and find solutions to challenges;
- Passion for the union movement;
- Ability to work some non-standard hours and occasionally travel to different parts of NSW.
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of contemporary industrial issues in the aged care and disability sectors.
- Salary will be offered based on skills and experience as per the HSU Employee Agreement.
If interested, please forward your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Applications close: COB Wednesday 4th September 2019.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE