ORGANISER – RTBU NSW BRANCH
Overview: The RTBU NSW Branch covers workers employed in the Rail and Tram Industry in NSW and the ACT. The RTBU is seeking an experienced organiser to work with members and delegates in its infrastructure division.
The Organiser works autonomously under the direction of the Director of Organising.
The position will be based at the RTBU’s Sydney office.
A brief outline of the position:
• Recruitment of members
• Build activism and leadership amongst union members
• Implement and participate in union led campaigns
• Development of plans to build union power throughout the industry
• Performance of regular site visits throughout NSW
• Assisting delegates to resolve issues at the workplace level
Experience & Qualifications
• Commitment to trade union values
• Experience working with workers in blue collar industries.
• Demonstrated experience in leading, supporting, and developing union delegates
• Working knowledge of industrial relations legislation
• High level networking and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to manage reporting requirements and deadlines
• Drivers licence and willingness to travel throughout NSW.
Remuneration will be determined according to skills and experience.
15 days personal leave
5 weeks annual leave (20% leave loading).
One Rostered Day Off per month.
You application should include a resume and a cover letter responding to each of criteria set out above.
Applications must be received by 5pm on 25 October 2019
Send Application to
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org addressing it to the Branch Secretary – RTBU NSW.
Applications will be handled with Confidentiality.
Applications Close: 5pm, 25 October 2019
For further information: Email: email@example.com