Accountant – 12-month fixed term contract – Unions NSW
Date Advertised 20/09/2022
Unions NSW is looking for a Full Time Accountant on a 12-month fixed term basis to join our finance team.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accountant position will work in an open and collaborative environment where you will interact closely with internal and external stakeholders, including staff, member organisations, auditors, and regulators.
As part of our strategy to structure our organisation for future sustainability and growth over the coming year we are seeking an experienced and qualified Accountant to assist the Finance Manager and play an important role in meeting the objectives of a small but effective Finance team.
- Drive month end process: including journals and all P&L and BS reconciliations.
- Assist the Finance Manager in:
- Implementing and enhancing internal controls, policies and procedures;
- Managing day to day accounting activities;
- Preparing monthly management reporting
- Preparing and managing budgets
- preparing interim audit and year end audit
- Maintaining compliance and tax accounting frameworks;
- Preparing key organisation returns for GST, FBT, Payroll Tax, Workers Compensation and Electoral returns
- Cash flow management and banking facility monitoring and reporting
- Work on Ad hoc projects and always looking to continuously improve processes
- Provide training and assistance to colleagues with any finance governance, procedures and policies
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a qualified accountant in financial and/or management accounting role
- CA or CPA qualified from a business services environment
- Ability to think analytical and problem-solve
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills and strong team player
- Proficiency with Xero accounting package and other add on software apps
- Technologically proficient with Office 365
- Demonstrated attention to detail, strong work ethic, and demonstrated willingness to learn.
- Experience in working with the not for profit sector and/or Unions
- Demonstrated experience in Property accounting
Pay and Conditions of Employment:
- Hours of work: 35 hours per week.
- Salary: Based on skills and experience.
- Personal Leave: 10 days per annum (accumulative).
- Annual Leave: 5 week’s annual leave with 17.5% leave loading.
- Superannuation: SG employer contributions, extra 2% for female staff
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Domestic Violence Leave
How to apply:
Unions NSW encourages applications from people who will enhance our diversity of people, cultural experiences, and perspectives.
- Address each of the essential and desirable criteria.
- Send applications to Amy Patrk via email: HR@unionsnsw.org.au
- Applications close by 5pm Wednesday 12 October 2022.
- For inquiries contact Amy Patrk, Director of People and Culture, Unions NSW on (02) 9881 5999.