Advocate – FSU
Advocate – Job Share 6 day fortnight - Finance Sector Union
The Finance Sector Union is the union for one of the biggest and fastest growing industries in Australia. We organise workers across Australia’s bank, insurance, credit union and superannuation employers. We play a vital role of empowering our members to work together and campaign to secure dignity and respect at work. Our members fight for and deliver improved working entitlements in an evolving industry
We have an exciting opportunity in our New South Wales/ACT office based in Sydney for an Advocate. This is a job share position, the successful applicant must be able to work 3 days per week preferably Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Working as part of the Advocacy team, our Advocates are responsible for providing members with high quality advice and support in disputes, including representing members to management and negotiating solutions to problems.
Essential experience and qualifications
• Extensive work experience in a trade union or similar not for profit organisation.
• Demonstrated experience appearing before the Fair Work Commission and an understanding of issues facing the finance industry would be an advantage.
• Represent members’ grievances directly with employers.
• Provide accurate information and/or advice to members on industrial rights and entitlements.
• Excellent presentation, interpersonal, negotiation, written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning and the ability to problem solve and come up with creative solutions.
• Strong time management and personal organisational skills, including the ability to perform work within specified timeframes.
• The ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
• Demonstrated experience representing employees with workplace grievances’.
• Knowledge of contemporary industrial relations issues and practices.
Applications must address all the above selection criteria.
Salary range for the Advocate position can be provided on request. The FSU also offers excellent working conditions including employer superannuation contributions of 15%.
The Finance Sector Union is an equal opportunity employer. Indigenous and LGBTIQ folks are strongly encouraged to apply.
For further information, contact Jason Hall on (07) 8229 6543 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance Sector Union
GPO Box 9893
Adelaide SA 5001
5pm Tuesday, 18 February 2020