The Australian Workers’ Union (AWU) is the nation’s oldest and most influential trade Union, representing over 70,000 working Australians. We are also Australia's most diverse Union, representing workers across a wide range of industries.
The AWU NSW Branch is currently looking for a Campaign Organiser to join our NSW Branch Campaign team. This position will be located at our NSW Branch Head Office, in Granville.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who can:
- Strategise and run successful campaigns to grow the union
- Conduct detailed research of AWU industries
- Assist Branch Organisers in developing organising strategies within a number of diverse industries
- Implement online to offline campaigns (or be willing to learn)
- Engage and activate members and workplace leaders
Selection Criteria (Essential and Desirable):
- You have proven record of running campaigns and or organising experience in a Union or Not for Profit Sector.
- You have skills in researching industry and company data
- You are willing to learn new approaches and have fresh ideas, you have a positive attitude and are a team player.
- Experienced in the use of Office 365 and CRM Databases
- Ability to foster effective working relationships
- Knowledge of the Trade Union Movement and the Fair Work Act
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Full Drivers Licence
- Full-time position located at Granville
- Salary based on previous experience
- Other generous conditions as part of the New South Wales Branch’s collective conditions of employment.
- Travel throughout NSW will be required
How to Apply
Applicants should provide their CV and a cover letter responding to the selection criteria above and send their application addressed to Mark Fagan, Chief of Staff via firstname.lastname@example.org Any queries regarding the position should also be directed to the above email address.
Applications Close: COB Monday 12 October 2020.