Compliance Administrator / NSWTF
Date Advertised 16/08/2022
The New South Wales Teachers Federation is the registered trade union representing NSW public school teachers in pre-schools, infants, primary and secondary schools and TAFE Institutes. The NSW Teachers Federation looks after a multiplicity of issues on behalf of teachers. It also regards public education as a strong foundation for a sure future. Thus, it campaigns for betterments for all students who attend public schools so that they will receive a quality education.
About the Role
The Compliance Administrator provides high level administration support to the organisation to ensure compliance is adhered to by all employees. They maintain and monitor reporting processes and frameworks, ensuring Federation’s regulatory requirements and the organisations policies and procedures remain compliant.
To be considered for this permanent full-time position you will need to clearly demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- A proven high degree of compliance administrator knowledge and experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of compliance and understanding of governance frameworks, processes and compliance systems and regulatory and administration systems.
• Proven ability to interpret legislative and regulatory compliance obligations into practical outcomes.
• Ability to provide high standard governance, policy and risk advice based on sound research
• Computer skills, a minimum of advanced MS Office and knowledge or database applications
• High level listening, verbal and written communication skills and experience in drafting correspondence, reports, and research material.
• High level planning and organisational skills and the ability to work in high pressure situations
• Analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to absorb and understand information and relay the information to other parties
• Ability to prioritise competing deadlines, multitask and utilise strong time management skills
• The ability to deal with ambiguity and challenging deadlines.
• Respect, sensitivity, and confidentiality of issues handled
• Positive attitude to unionism
• Relevant qualifications or willingness to work towards gaining qualifications would be highly regarded, as would equivalent work experience
How to Apply
To apply for the position, please send your application including a cover letter that addresses the requirements as listed, and a current resume by clicking on the APPLY button below or email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Compliance Administrator” in the subject line.
Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed, and appointment is conditional upon successful reference checks and a probationary period. Successful candidates will be required to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination status.
No agency applications will be considered.