Content Marketing Officer – Professionals Australia
Date Advertised 15/03/2023
Professionals Australia is a contemporary and innovative union, representing the industrial and professional interests of a range of professional employees across Australia. Our members include engineers, scientists, pharmacists, managers, IT professionals, translators and interpreters, and architects.
We are committed to growing our membership and building strength by working with our members in their workplaces, across industries and within their professions.
We strive to make a positive difference to our members’ working and professional lives and we are working hard to gain greater respect, recognition and rewards for our members and the important professional services they deliver.
We are looking to recruit a content marketing professional on a fixed term basis for a minimum of 9 months (from March 2023 to December 2023) to provide the communications and marketing team with regular and engaging content across various platforms, with a focus on membership growth and retention.
In this role, you will support the marketing and communications function and improve member engagement and acquisition through the development of regular marketing content from social media to website updates to newsletters.
You will work closely with the Senior Communications and Marketing Manager and national and state-based leaders and staff to develop and lead the implantation of a content marketing calendar.
You will follow the union’s communications plan and analyse data to determine strategic and targeted communications and marketing approaches across all platforms.
Reporting directly to the Senior Communications and Marketing Manager, the successful candidate will be a strong writer with background in the union movement, have excellent relationship building skills and a data and goals-focused approach to communications and marketing.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and growing the union’s brand and reputation through content
- Managing the union’s content calendar in line with the national communications plan
- Building relationships across the union to ensure content is relevant for all members, including with PA’s governance committees
- Providing support to state branches and other member-facing staff on recruitment, retention, and opportunities to embed best-practice communications and marketing in their activities
- Proactively identifying and acting on content opportunities and delivering membership growth and retention results
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
To be considered you will:
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in order to build and maintain relationships across the union
- Have a strong background in communications, marketing and content creation
- Have excellent planning skills, with the ability to write effective communications on varying topics for a range of audiences
- Be an excellent writer across multiple formats with an eye for detail
- Have a strong understanding of digital marketing and social media
- Understand the objectives of the union movement and have a commitment to union values
SALARY AND CONDITIONS
Salary range of $70,000 – $80,000 is negotiable based on experience.
- Temporary, fixed term contract as from March 2023 to December 2023
- Attractive leave entitlements + 12 accrued rostered days off per year
- Collegial and friendly team
- A work environment with a focus on work life balance, including working from home arrangements
- Access to professional development opportunities
- Whilst the position is based at the Federal Office in West Melbourne, Victoria, we are open to applications from candidates in other states
People from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please contact Emma Kemmery, Senior Marketing & Communications Manager, on 0401 008 997 to discuss the role in detail.
A position description can be found here