The Health Services Union NSW/ACT/QLD is a growing 43,000-member strong union that aims to use its collective power to build a fair and just society through improving conditions for our members in the health and aged care industry. The organisation’s annual turnover is approximately $24m, with an employee base of approximately 120 staff. The Health Services Union offers a collaborative environment which focuses on teamwork, empowerment, innovation, integrity and accountability.
About the role:
Due to the recent restructure in Membership Administration Division, the Health Services Union is seeking Membership Administration Division Manager.
This position ensures the administration and membership services are delivered in a consistent high standard. The role will lead and supervise a professional team of nine staff that proactively meets the customer service and administration objectives of HSU’s members in a positive, modern, professional, courteous, receptive and efficient manner.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Manage the Membership Administration Department to ensure workloads are maintained within the department.
• Provision of monthly reports to the CFO and HSU Secretary including membership trends, and customer services and administrative metrics.
• Review, identify and make recommendation for continuous improvement of systems and process.
• Anticipate issues with may confront HSU membership that need proactive customer service.
• Assist with collating information for compliance with the legislative and regulatory
requirement of HSU reporting obligation to all third parties
• Facilitate and lead the membership administration team initiatives and strategic projects.
• Provide reports to elected Union officials in relation to the membership database.
• Improve operations and workflows that impact other divisions of the union.
• Maintain key external strategic business relationships.
• Oversee all daily administrative operations.
• Pursue business development opportunities
• Liaise directly with members to resolve disputes.
• Assist in the coordination of specific Union events
This is a full-time position. Standard office hours are Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm. Due to the nature of the role, some after-hours work including evenings and weekends will be occasionally required. This position is based at the HSU office in CBD Sydney
Remuneration will be subject to experience, skills and attributes. At the time of applying, candidates are invited to indicate their current salary and salary expectations.
In the first instance general enquiries should be directed to Jodi Fisher on 1300 478 679 or via email@example.com If interested, please forward your Resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: COB Monday 13 July 2020.
Candidates must be an Australian Citizen / Permanent Resident or have unlimited working rights within Australia to be considered for this position.
Please note that due to the excepted volume of responses; only short-listed candidates will be contacted in relation to their application.