- 1x Full time position, six month fixed-term
- Based in the AMWU National Office, Granville
The Australian Manufacturing Workers’ Union (AMWU) is a union of workers from diverse industries and occupations – campaigning for economic, industrial and social justice.
The AMWU prides itself on bold, member-led campaigns, like ‘Streets-Free Summer’ and ‘Boycott CUB’.
We are looking for an energetic and experienced unionist to join our campaigns team. The successful candidate will assist in building a digital strategy to support our National Campaign, Support Aussie Made.
The candidate will also work with functions and personnel across the union to scale up and innovate the AMWU’s digital infrastructure.
On any given day, your work may include – but not be limited to – the following:
- Creating digital content and strategies to support our core campaign.
- Developing digital advertising where appropriate
- Creating email and SMS content for members;
- Working with staff on establishing and making the most of digital organising platforms- eg. Callhub
- Utilising AMWU social media accounts and developing strategies to engage and grow our audiences.
- Building online communities
- A commitment to the Australian Manufacturing Workers’ Union and the Trade Union Movement;
- An excellent understanding of the digital media environment;
- Experience with Digital advertising platforms
- Experience with Nationbuilder
- Familiarity with a range of campaign technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in graphic design and/or a willingness to develop these skills quickly;
- Ability to understand the Australian Political environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work flow in a busy environment;
- Ability to work with a range of people, including elected officials, organisers, members, and delegates;
- Experience in working as part of team;
- Creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality;
- Ability to take instructions and work independently.
PAY AND CONDITIONS:
- Salary package commensurate with experience
- One RDO per month.
Preference is for the successful candidate to work from the AMWU Granville office, however we will consider working from Melbourne for the right candidate.
Applications should be addressed to Steve Murphy, National Secretary and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB on Friday, 3 December, 2021.