Director (Campaigns and Organising) – NTEU
Director (Campaigns and Organising)
Welcome to NTEU! We are transforming the way that we work, and we are looking for someone to provide strategic leadership to the Union as a whole and to actively lead our national Campaigns and Organising effort. This position will play a key role in planning, developing and implementing strategies for Union growth, member engagement, and campaigns across all levels of the Union
Able to enthusiastically embrace change, you will help others to do the same by applying skills that combine strong leadership with the ability to motivate, inspire and foster a team environment using an innovative, consultative and flexible approach through highly-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
Your proven experience in managing and driving change, along with your qualification and experience in campaign management will enable you to easily deliver on key responsibilities.
You will excel in this role as you:
- Oversee the National Campaigns and Organising work and provide strategic leadership to the Union’s organising staff at all levels.
- Develop and implement strategies and proposals on recruitment, member engagement, campaigns, and organising.
- Lead the development of a training, organising and recruitment culture at all levels of the Union
- Evaluate the Union’s campaign and organising work against contemporary standards and practices, and oversee training and capacity building necessary to meet the Union’s objectives.
- Contribute to the building of relationships and coalitions with other organisations with common interest.
Could this be the career move you are looking for?
With a strong commitment to a fair and equitable workplace ethos, an organisation known for its culture of innovation and transformation, you’ll be focused on high performance and quality outcomes. You will be ready to proactively lead and actively support the NTEU’s vision, goals and values that complement a changing culture.
What we offer you
In exchange for your hard work, you’ll be well rewarded. On top of your highly competitive salary, you’ll many benefits. You’ll also be joining a supportive team, working towards the same goals with you. And when you reach those goals, the sense of satisfaction will be yours to keep - forever.
For a copy of the Position Description please contact Joanne Riley at email@example.com.
Applications addressing the position description plus the names and contact details of two referees, should be addressed to the General Secretary, Matthew McGowan. To apply for this job go to: www.nteu.recruitmenthub.com.au Applications close at 10.00am on Monday 9th December 2019.
The NTEU values diversity in the workplace. Therefore applicants will be given priority consideration and preference in selection for this vacancy if they are from an Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander background.