Work type: Permanent Full time position
Location: Sydney CBD
Salary: $60,000 p.a
Special conditions: After hours work may be required
About the McKell Institute
The McKell Institute is an independent, progressive research institute dedicated to advancing the policy debate in Australia. Headquartered in Sydney, with footprints in Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide, the Institute contributes to Australia’s policy debate through research publications and regular events with senior voices spanning politics and government, academia and business, trade unions and civil society.
About the Role
The McKell Institute is seeking a full time Events and Operations Officer to work from its Sydney CBD office. The role is accountable for the coordination and delivery of the McKell Institute events, in particular in Queensland and Victoria, as well as supporting general administration activities.
The Events and Operations officer will be supervised by the Director of Operations and Stakeholder Engagement, and provides a primary support to the Executive Directors in Brisbane and Melbourne.
The Events and Operations Officer will coordinate logistics of events with sponsors, suppliers, and both federal and state governments.
Working from the Institute’s national office in Sydney CBD, the ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability coordinating events, managing relationships and can confidently work independently.
The position is well suited to a highly motivated entry-level or graduate with the desire to positively influence Australia’s public policy landscape.
Depending on COVID, there may be some interstate travel.
Key tasks to be undertaken include -
• coordinating events from prospect through to event including the planning, site inspections (when required), logistics, management, execution, risk analysis and review
• establish and maintain relationships with suppliers, venues, sponsors, guest speakers and other relevant stakeholders
• works closely with the Communications & Engagement Officer to coordinate social media posts and campaigns
• undertaking other promotional activities such as working from existing templates to design event invitations and materials
• performing general administrative tasks such as preparing speaker invitations, sponsorship letters and invoices, maintaining the CRM database
The appropriate person will –
• Have previous events or project management experience
● Be intelligent, independent and self motivated with an ability to show initiative, work autonomously and collaboratively.
● Have very high level written English skills, particularly an ability to write letters and emails using appropriate titles and other signifiers of high-grade business communication
● Be highly detailed orientated with excellent organisational skills, and an ability to prioritise and manage multiple deadlines.
• Demonstrated problem solving and creative skills
● Have strong computer literacy across a range of systems and platforms including CRM software, Canva, Word, Excel, Teams, Zoom, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
● Have basic graphic design and copy editing skills
● Have an interest in politics and policy with a familiarity of federal and state representatives
● Ability to build and manage strong relationships
● Demonstrate maturity, self awareness and humour in order to be a happy and collaborative member of the team
For more information please contact Danielle Asciak, Director of Operations and Stakeholder Engagement on 02 9113 0944 or email@example.com