Facilities Administrator (NSWNMA)
Date Advertised 15/06/2022
The New South Wales Nurses and Midwives’ Association (NSWNMA) is a strong, influential union of members respected as a contemporary leader in society for its innovation and achievements.
The NSWNMA conducts itself with integrity and courage, demonstrating creative and innovative approaches. The NSWNMA will be an authoritative advocate on behalf of the nursing and midwifery professions, as well as for the community in advancing a world class, well-funded, integrated health system, based on a clear and considered vision for the future.
The NSWNMA will demonstrate ethical and respectful behaviour in its interactions with other organisations and society, whilst ensuring its own workplace is cohesive, fair and dynamic, embracing collectivism with shared union beliefs.
The purpose of the Facilities Administrator is to assist with the day to day running of the NSWNMA buildings, motor vehicle fleet and other assets. This role may also assist the General Services team with mailouts, printing and meeting room set ups as required.
• Monitor maintenance of Association properties
• Assist with the Association’s property and vehicle maintenance
• Liaise with service contractors as required
• Administer Association’s motor vehicle fleet usage and servicing
• Assist with Annual Conference and Committee of Delegates and other meetings when required
• Liaise with staff on issues reported to Facilities
• Assist General Services team as required
• Assist with setting up of meeting rooms as required
• Assist with receiving stock
• Assist with taking inventories of stock and re-ordering
• Assist with general upkeep and organising storage areas
• Assist with the Association’s print room services as required
• Assist with mail out functions of the Association as required
• Commitment to the trade union movement
• Basic building and maintenance skills
• Ability to problem solve issues with building and office equipment
• Experience in basic maintenance of motor vehicles
• The ability to juggle multiple tasks and be able to prioritise
• Able to carry out manual work (lifting and carrying)
• Ability to work at moderate heights
• Effective communication
• Intermediate level – Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
• The ability to be flexible in relation to changing priorities with a can-do attitude
• Current Class C drivers license (minimum)
• Ability to act as Facilities Coordinator during certain periods of leave as required.
• Ability to interpret and enforce policies
• Ability to interpret and enforce contracts
• Compliance with COVID-19 vaccination requirements
• Able to drive a manual vehicle
• Pedestrian forklift experience
• Knowledge of the operation of office printing equipment
• Experience supervising staff
Reports to: Facilities Coordinator
Key relationships: Facilities Coordinator and General Services Team
Hours of work: Full Time in accordance with the New South Wales Nurses and Midwives’ Association (NSWNMA) and Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation New South Wales Branch (ANMF NSW) Employment Enterprise Agreement
Salary range: Admin Band 3, Level 1-5 / $73,942.00 per annum + Superannuation + 12 RDOs + Christmas shutdown
How to apply for this position:
Click here to apply for this position online. Your application must briefly address each point of the selection criteria found in the Facilities Administrator position description.
Applications close Wednesday, 29 June 2022.
Keeping our employees, members and the community safe is our highest priority. It is a condition of employment with the NSW Nurses and Midwives’ Association, that all employees have up-to-date vaccinations against COVID-19 and are required to comply with future government changes to the definition of up-to-date vaccination requirements.
NSWNMA/ANMF NSW Branch is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fosters a diverse workplace.