Health Services Union NSW/ACT/QLD Branch – Business Analyst
The Health Services Union NSW/ACT/QLD is a growing 40,000-member strong union that aims to use its collective power to build a fair and just society through improving conditions for our members in the health and aged care industry. The organisation’s annual turnover is approximately $21m, with an employee base of approximately 110 staff.
We pride ourselves on an ethical decision-making model that prioritises outcomes for working people and their communities rather than a strict bottom line approach.
While we maintain a get it done attitude, we believe in staff maintaining a healthy work life balance.
About the role:
We are currently seeking applications for an experienced full time Business Analyst. This is a newly created role implemented into the staffing structure reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. This role will develop strong internal stakeholder relationships and provide analysis of organisational data to drive optimum outcomes in all areas of the union. It will support the development, implementation and management of sophisticated and scalable systems across the union including research, data analysis, and modelling.
The key responsibilities:
- Undertake scenario modelling and critical analysis to assist the business to evaluate existing models and new opportunities, particularly in relation to membership system technology to assist with recruitment and retention and forward planning.
- Assist with financial feasibilities and options analysis for proposed development projects and investment initiatives.
- Support and develop cross-functional initiatives to streamline development processes and automate reporting, analysis and project controls.
- Support the delivery of improvement projects.
- Train HSU staff in the use of IT/CRM system applications.
- Departmental training and workshops centred around capabilities of systems.
- Assist with the development of solution elements as required.
- Identify system enhancement that will aid in report production.
- Identify, drive and support data quality improvement initiatives within a continuous quality improvement framework.
You will have:
- Technical expertise in Membership Management/CRM systems.
- Ability to write clear business requirements documentation.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- An ability to analyse, streamline and document business processes.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills and the demonstrated ability to apply initiative.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and perform multiple tasks concurrently.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (or equivalent).
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to perform project assignments with a high degree of accuracy, under minimal supervision.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and an effective team player.
- Fosters team collaboration; embraces diversity and inclusion and actively seeks diverse perspectives.
- Ability to engage and communicate with people at all levels.
- Able to think with a hands-on attitude to getting things done.
- Self-aware, understands their role in the team and takes responsibility for own actions.
- Ability and willingness to improvise.
If interested, please forward your Resume and cover letter in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact Emilija Gudovska on 1300 478 679 or by email email@example.com
Applications close: Monday 19th August 2019.