Health Services Union NSW/ACT/QLD – Member Services Officer
The Health Services Union NSW/ACT/QLD is a growing 40,000-member strong union that aims to use its collective power to build a fair and just society through improving conditions for our members in the health and aged care industry. The organization’s annual turnover is approximately $21m, with an employee base of approximately 110 staff.
We pride ourselves on an ethical decision-making model that prioritises outcomes for working people and their communities rather than a strict bottom line approach.
About the role:
The Primary function of this role is to provide information; support, advice and representation to Members on issue that affect their working lives. Job is based in the HSU head office in Pitt Street, Sydney.
The key responsibilities:
- Interacting with Members: taking calls and greeting members in person in response to their needs and concerns. Delivering high-quality member service, listening to members’ requests and working to find the appropriate solution.
- Investigating and Resolving Complaints: Face members complaints, provide solutions. Interact with internal resources to identify the issues, responded to concerns and follow-up with a satisfactory resolution in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide Information: Ongoing education and information to members in regard to the organisation's benefits, policies and procedures.
- Case Management: Provide sound advice on non-complex dispute resolution as required.
You will have:
- Demonstrated ability to use a PC and related commercial software packages.
- Good interpersonal skills for both internal and external communications and relationships
- Ability to organise, prioritise and perform multiple tasks concurrently
- Contribute to a supportive, open atmosphere and team environment.
- Conflict and problem-solving skills
If interested, please forward your Resume and cover letter in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact Emilija Gudovska on 1300 478 679 or by email: email@example.com
Applications close: COB Monday 23 September 2019.