In-House Lawyer/ National Industrial Officer – AIPA
Date Advertised 19/09/2023
AIPA In-House Lawyer/ National Industrial Officer
|Salary:||Subject to experience|
|Company:||Australian & International Pilots Association|
|Telephone:||02 8307 7777|
Located in Mascot, The Australian and International Pilots Association (AIPA) is a professional member organisation (union) of 17 staff and 9 Executive pilot members, representing around 2,300 professional Qantas group pilots.
We are seeking either a practising solicitor with 0-5 years’ post-qualification experience who is eligible to hold a practising certificate, or a passionate, driven graduate who is looking for a challenging and rewarding career within employment law and industrial relations.
The successful candidate will join our in-house legal team, working with and under the general direction of AIPA’s Head of Legal and the AIPA Executive Team.
- You will be a practising solicitor with 0-5 years’ post-qualification experience and eligible to hold a practising certificate or a passionate, driven graduate who is looking for a challenging and rewarding career within employment law and industrial relations, where you can make a difference from within.
- You will be a highly motivated and proactive self-starter with the proven ability to build and maintain trusted relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and initiative.
- Ability to write fluently in a range of styles and formats.
- Assisting members with individual matters related to their EBA and Award and engaging with employers and delegates.
- Preparation of matters for the Fair Work Commission with advocacy experience being highly desirable.
- Effective communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills, and a commitment to the union movement.
- You will have excellent negotiator/communicator skills and the ability to support a large and diverse workload and prioritise matters and manage projects effectively.
- Experience as an industrial or legal officer in a union or in a similar environment.
While you will work autonomously, you will also have access to mentoring support for career development. You will also have the opportunity to gain experience in diverse and challenging areas of industrial relations and law, including corporate and associations law, administrative law, insurance and superannuation law, electoral and political legal issues.
This is a fulltime position and the salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
AIPA’s office is well appointed and resourced, located close to Mascot train station, limited onsite parking options are available.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Elliott on 02 8307 7777.
If this role resonates with you, forward your covering letter and CV by pressing the apply button now.
We look forward to receiving your application.