Industrial Officer – ASMOF
Date Advertised 21/11/2023
About The Doctors Union
ASMOF the Doctors Union, is a progressive member-led union with a vision to protect, promote and advance the interests of salaried doctors in a fair and just society underpinned by a high-quality public health system.
About the role
ASMOF NSW is looking to employ an industrial officer with significant experience in industrial work within the trade union movement.
Responsibilities of an industrial officer include:
- Manage collective and individual industrial cases.
- Provision of advice on various industrial issues and rights, including interpreting awards and agreements.
- Undertaking enterprise bargaining and award negotiations.
- Advocacy in the NSW IRC and Fair Work Commission and other relevant tribunals.
- Collaborate in developing and implementing industrial and organisational strategies and workplace campaigns to attract and retain union members, nurture member leaders, and strengthen Union influence.
- Participate in strategic planning and contribute to developing union policy, practices, and procedures.
The successful candidate will have:
- A deep understanding of and dedication to union principles.
- Relevant qualifications or significant experience in industrial relations or organising.
- Solid working knowledge of industrial law and contemporary issues in industrial relations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in research, analytical thinking, and effective problem-solving.
- Strong aptitude for time and project management.
- Proficiency in formally preparing and articulating positions in industrial tribunals.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to follow directions while also exercising initiative and independent judgment.
- Proven competence in using Microsoft Office 365 programs.
The salary will be determined based on the successful applicant’s experience within the specified range.
Currently, the superannuation rate is 11%. ASMOF industrial officers receive five weeks of annual leave, closedown leave during Christmas, and other conditions aligned with members working in NSW Health.
The chosen candidate will thrive in a supportive team environment committed to the principles of trade unionism.
For a copy of the Position Description and Selection Criteria, please contact Carolyn Gethings at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide a cover letter addressing the Qualifications, Skills, and experience with your resume, plus the names and contact details of two referees to Andrew Holland, Executive Director, ASMOF NSW, via email at email@example.com.
COB Wednesday 6 December 2023.