Industrial Officer (12-month Parental Leave Cover)
Would you like to work at the NSW Doctors Union?
Then we’d love to hear from you.
The NSW Doctors Union (ASMOF) is a progressive union with a positive vision to protect, promote and advance the interests of salaried doctors in a fair and just society underpinned by a high-quality public health system.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced industrial officer or organiser to join our team in early June for 12 months on a fixed term parental leave replacement contract. The role would suit someone interested in a short-term secondment opportunity.
The industrial officer plays a critical role in providing industrial services to members as well as supporting the Union’s broader campaigning initiatives.
The main responsibilities of the industrial officer include:
- providing industrial advice and support for members and appearing before industrial tribunals, like the NSW IRC and Fair Work Commission.
- negotiating enterprise agreements & awards.
- research, preparation of reports and submissions.
- recruiting new members to the union.
- implementing industrial strategy and providing support for workplace campaigns.
To be successful you must have:
- demonstrated commitment to trade union values and social justice and a keen interest in industrial relations
- a solid knowledge of contemporary industrial relations issues and state and federal industrial legislation
- demonstrated research, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- strong time management and personal organisational skills, including the ability to perform work within specified timelines and plan work systematically and effectively.
- the ability to prepare and articulate a position formally at a tribunal, court or meeting
- strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- well-developed written communication skills.
- the ability to develop professional relationships with union members, other union officials and employer representatives
- the ability to follow direction and exercise initiative and independent judgment
- well-developed information technology skills with proven competence in the use of Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Word and Power Point
- the ability to obtain a Right of Entry Permit
- a current driver’s licence.
Conditions include a commencing salary of $101,700 p/a (plus superannuation) and five weeks annual leave.
Hours of Work: This is a fixed term, full time parental leave replacement position of 38 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Start Date: Early June 2020.
How to apply for this job?
- Obtain a copy of the Position Description by emailing Carolyn Gethings at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your application must include the following:
- cover letter (or email), and
- resume/CV, and
- a written response to each selection criteria contained in the Position Description. Persons not responding to each selection criteria will not be considered.
- Address your application to Andrew Holland, Executive Director, ASMOF NSW by email to email@example.com with the subject line Fixed Term Industrial Officer application by COB 15 May 2020.
The Doctors Union is an equal opportunity employer and has a smoke free working environment.