Industrial Officer – Professionals Australia
Date Advertised 01/03/2023
Professionals Australia (PA) is a contemporary and innovative union, advancing the industrial interests of professionals throughout Australia. Our members include engineers, scientists, pharmacists, managers, IT professionals and game workers.
Our purpose is to make a positive difference to our members’ working and professional lives by working hard to gain greater respect, recognition and reward for the vital professional services they deliver.
We are currently recruiting for an Industrial Officer to join our dedicated and passionate NSW team. If you have bargaining experience, strong negotiation and communication skills, are qualified in law or related field, and are driven by supporting people at work, then this role will suit you.
About the job
Key responsibilities & functions
- Provision of workplace advice & support for members including advocacy before the NSW IRC and the Fair Work Commission
- Assist in determining and implementing industrial strategy and providing support for workplace, industry and membership campaigns.
- Lead negotiations on behalf of PA in enterprise and workplace bargaining.
- Help to develop submissions on legal/industrial issues.
- Maintain relationships with relevant employer bodies, associations and other unions.
Conditions of Employment
The salary range for the role is $90,000 – $110,000 pa (plus superannuation and car allowance) depending upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
All PA staff have access to flexible working arrangements, including working from home options, and attractive leave entitlements.
People from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply for this job
For more information, including a copy of the position description and selection criteria, please contact Vicky Palmer, Executive Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 5pm Friday 31 March 2023.