The Australian Workers’ Union (AWU) is the nation’s oldest and most influential trade Union, representing over 70,000 working Australians. We are also Australia's most diverse Union, representing workers across a wide range of industries.
The AWU NSW Branch is currently looking for an Industrial Organiser to join our NSW Branch. This position will be located in the Central West area of NSW working with our members located through areas such as Lithgow, Orange, Parkes, Bathurst and Dubbo.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who can:
- Structure organising conversations in order to recruit, move members to action and articulate union values
- Recruit new members whilst servicing current AWU members
- Create and work to organising plans
- Negotiate enterprise agreements
- Recognise and develop workplace delegates
- Visit work sites and identifying new worksites
- Assist members with grievances and enquires
- Participate in workplace campaigns
- Represent the AWU and its members at the Fair Work Commission
- Work with OHS Delegates to ensure all workplaces are safe
Selection Criteria (Essential and Desirable):
- You have proven record of running campaigns and or organising experience in a Union or Not for Profit Sector.
- You are willing to learn new approaches and have fresh ideas, you have a positive attitude and are a team player.
- Experienced in the use of Office 365 and CRM Databases
- Ability to foster effective working relationships
- Knowledge of the Trade Union Movement and the Fair Work Act
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Full Drivers Licence
- Full-time position
- Salary based on previous experience
- Other generous conditions as part of the New South Wales Branch’s collective conditions of employment.
- Travel throughout NSW, however primarily the Central West area will be required
How to Apply
Applicants should provide their CV and a cover letter responding to the selection criteria above and send their application addressed to Mark Fagan, Chief of Staff via firstname.lastname@example.org Any queries regarding the position should also be directed to the above email address.
Applications Close: COB Monday 28 September 2020