Industrial Organiser – AWU
Date Advertised 22/08/2023
Industrial Organiser -The Australian Workers’ Union NSW Branch
The Australian Workers’ Union (AWU) stands as the nation’s oldest and most influential trade union, championing the rights of over 75,000 working Australians. Our role spans across diverse industries, making us Australia’s foremost Union of its kind.
The AWU NSW Branch welcomes applications for the position of Industrial Organiser, situated within our vibrant NSW Branch Head Office in Granville.
Role and Responsibilities:
We are seeking an individual who can adeptly:
- Architect structured organising conversations, effectively empowering members, galvanising action, and effectively communicating union values.
- Expand our membership by joining new members while concurrently providing professional service to existing AWU members.
- Craft and implement strategic organising plans.
- Lead negotiations for enterprise agreements.
- Identify and develop workplace delegates.
- Conduct on-site visits, identify new potential worksites.
- Aid members in resolving grievances and inquiries.
- Participate fervently in workplace campaigns.
- Collaborate with WHS Delegates to ensure workplace safety.
Qualifications (Essential and Desirable):
- Demonstrable track record or well-grounded comprehension of orchestrating campaigns and mobilising union members, preferably within the Union or Not for Profit Sector.
- Proficiency in WHS legislation and familiarity with the Fair Work Act.
- Openness to embracing new and unfamiliar processes, showcasing a constructive behaviour, and exhibiting strong teamwork acumen.
- Proficiency in utilising Office 365 and CRM databases.
- Exemplary practice of confidentiality and discretion.
- Keen eye for detail coupled with adeptness in self-directed work.
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License.
- Full-time position based in Granville, NSW.
- Offering an attractive salary alongside other substantial benefits encompassed within the collective conditions of employment for the New South Wales Branch.
- Travel within NSW will be an integral part of the role.
While there is no formal closing date, interested individuals are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience. All applications will be treated confidentially.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their comprehensive CV and a cover letter, addressing the outlined selection criteria. Kindly direct your application to Mark Fagan, National and NSW Operations, via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Should you have inquiries regarding the position, please direct them to the aforementioned email.
Join us in shaping a brighter future for Australian workers.