Industrial Organiser - Immediate Start
The Health Services Union NSW/ACT/QLD is a growing 45,000-member strong union that aims to use its collective power to build a fair and just society through improving conditions for our members in the health and aged care industry. The organisation’s annual turnover is approximately $24m, with an employee base of approximately 120 staff.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated person to play a key role contributing towards to the future strategy and growth of the Health Services Union. This is a hands-on role that actively and primarily supports worksite membership recruitment and servicing efforts in coordination with other Organisers and Delegates.
The HSU Industrial Organiser has responsibility for maintaining, union influence, and the delegate structures within their defined area of coverage. Organisers are responsible for identifying and managing collective organising opportunities in conjunction with the growth and development team. Organisers work within a team environment and utilise the union’s information and communication systems appropriately to achieve these goals.
Experience and Qualifications
• Demonstrated qualities, reflective of the Union movement and HSU NSW/ACT/QLD values.
• Proven ability to capitalise on and contribute to change and innovation.
• A strong demonstrated commitment to excellence and quality in union activities.
• Highly developed communication, political, problem solving, and dispute resolution skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of current legislation, policy, and direction as it pertains to Industrial Relations.
• Demonstrated decision making and effective time management skills.
• Commitment to the underlying principles of social justice, community development and equity.
• Excellent presentation, public speaking and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to utilise MS Office applications and a range of mobile devices and applications.
• Driver’s licence.
Salary will be offered based on skills and experience as per the HSU Employee Agreement. This position includes a motor vehicle and other generous benefits.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
If you have any questions about the role, please email: Jafar Kazmi Jafar.Kazmi@hsu.asn.au using the subject line: Industrial Organiser.
Applications close: COB 29 July 2021
The HSU encourage applications for this role from current workplace delegates, experienced Organisers, people of all genders, from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent. Experience as an Organiser is not necessarily required as we will support the right applicant to develop the required skills.