Industrial Organiser (TAS) – AWU
Date Advertised 10/03/2023
The Australian Workers’ Union (AWU) is the nation’s oldest and most influential trade Union, representing over 70,000 working Australians. We are also Australia’s most diverse Union, representing workers across a wide range of industries.
The AWU Tasmanian Branch is currently looking for an Industrial Organiser to join our industrial team. This position will be located on the North West Coast of Tasmania.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who can:
- Structure organising conversations in order to recruit, move members to action and articulate union values
- Recruit new members whilst servicing current AWU members
- Create and work to organising plans
- Negotiate enterprise agreements
- Recognise and develop workplace delegates
- Visit work sites and identifying new worksites
- Assist members with grievances and enquires
- Participate in workplace campaigns
- Work with OHS Delegates to ensure all workplaces are safe
Selection Criteria (Essential and Desirable):
- You have proven record of running campaigns and or organising experience in a Union or Not for Profit Sector.
- You are willing to learn new approaches and have fresh ideas, you have a positive attitude and are a team player.
- Experienced in the use of Office 365 and CRM Databases
- Ability to foster effective working relationships
- Knowledge of the Trade Union Movement and the Fair Work Act
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- You can pass a fit and proper person test to be able to hold a right of entry permit
- Full Drivers Licence
- Full-time position based on the North West Coast – Tasmania
- Generous salary and conditions offered.
- Regular travel throughout the North West Coast and West Coast of Tasmania
How to Apply
Applicants should provide their CV and a cover letter responding to the selection criteria above and send their application addressed to Ian Wakefield, Tasmanian Branch Secretary via email Ian@awutas.org.au
Any queries regarding the position should be directed to the same email address.
Applications Close: COB Friday,31 March 2023