Lead Organiser Clubs – UWU
Lead Organiser Clubs
The United Workers Union is seeking a highly motivated Lead Organiser, to lead our NSW Clubs Team
This role is based in Sydney, where we have offices close to central Sydney and in Western Sydney.
About United Workers’ Union
United Workers’ Union is a powerful member-led union whose sole purpose is to serve the collective interests of members in workplaces and communities by winning significant and long lasting gains.
The Union is driving change by growing union membership, developing leadership amongst our members, encouraging active member participation in the union, building and enforcing standards in our sectors, and campaigning both politically and in the community.
As a union with a proudly diverse membership, we are committed to equity and inclusion; and continuing to build a union that is truly representative of the workers we cover. We strive to ensure that every member’s voice can be heard and create opportunities for participation from members with diverse backgrounds in all activities/functions of the Union. We encourage applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
The United Workers Union is proudly affiliated with the Australian Labor Party.
The NSW Clubs Lead Organiser will work with a dedicated team of organisers in NSW which is revitalising organising across Clubs. This work one piece of work within a larger team that is championing innovation and learning through new organising approaches.
The Clubs Lead Organiser will:
• Turn strategic organising/campaign plans into operational plans to build sustainable organisation and contribute to achieving the Objects of the Union.
• Lead a team of Organisers to implement organising/campaign plans ensuring membership growth; member leadership and participation; and winning industry power.
• Lead the bargaining strategy in key workplaces and negotiate Enterprise Agreements.
• Provide required reporting on all matters related to the implementation and operation of organising/campaign plans.
• Assess and support the development of Organisers; delegates and members.
• Ensure that the Union’s values of equity, diversity and inclusion are upheld and promoted.
Key Selection Criteria
The Lead Organiser demonstrates:
• A passion and drive to improve workers’ lives and achieving the goals of the Union.
• Experience in union organising and campaigning;
• Experience in organising strategy development and planning;
• Experience in leading a team;
• Leadership development, including motivating and educating others;
• Excellent communication, messaging and rapport building skills;
• Excellent negotiation skills
To perform this job you will also be required to have or obtain and maintain:
• A valid driver’s licence; and
• Right of Entry Permits
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, which will include:
• Salary commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience;
• A motor vehicle or motor vehicle allowance;
• 16% superannuation
• 6 weeks annual leave with an additional 25% leave loading
Please send your resume, together with a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to Julie Korlevska, Deputy Director (People, Culture and Change) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the role, please contact Julie on (02) 8204 7267.
Completed applications must be received by COB, Monday, 17 February 2020.