Manager of Organising and Industrial Strategy – Doctors Union (ASMOF NSW)
Date Advertised 17/01/2023
Would you like to work at the NSW Doctors Union?
The NSW Doctors Union (ASMOF NSW) is a progressive union organising and representing salaried doctors in NSW.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced industrial practitioner to join our team.
The Manager of Organising and Industrial Strategy will be the chief source of strategic organising and industrial advice to the Executive Director and the State Council of the Union.
The primary responsibilities of the Manager of Organising and Industrial Strategy include:
- Supervise industrial and organising staff and provide them with high-quality guidance, strategic advice, mentoring and problem-solving on collective issues, organising, campaigning, and bargaining.
- Manage the performance and development of industrial and organising staff, including coaching, feedback, and identifying training and development opportunities to support them in achieving the Union’s strategic objectives.
- Identify and allocate collective disputes, organising opportunities and bargaining matters and ensure work plans are developed and followed.
- Monitor outcomes achieved by organisers and organising within the Union concerning increasing membership, activist and delegate development.
- Regularly review the Organising requirements & resources of the Union and make recommendations.
- Coordinate the Union’s strategic industrial and organising campaigns.
To be successful in the role, you must have the following:
- A deep understanding of union principles and culture, including managing the appropriate balance between the organising and industrial imperatives and translating these into campaign development and implementation.
- An extensive understanding of contemporary industrial relations issues and industrial legislation and extensive experience in the state and/or national industrial jurisdictions.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or demonstrated extensive experience as an industrial practitioner with experience in organising, advocacy, negotiations, and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills and ability to lead and mentor staff and collaboratively manage people and situations.
- Demonstrated research, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to develop professional relationships and manage sensitive relationships, and exercise high-level political judgment to protect and advance the position and reputation of the Union.
- Well-developed information technology skills with proven competence in using Microsoft Office 365 programs.
- The ability to obtain a Right of Entry Permit.
Rewarding work in the service of frontline doctors with a supportive and high-performing team in Ultimo.
- A commencing salary of $144,163 p/a (plus superannuation).
- 17.5% annual leave loading.
- Five weeks annual leave plus paid Christmas shutdown.
For a copy of the Position Description and Selection Criteria, please get in touch with Carolyn Gethings at email@example.com.
Your application must include the following:
- cover letter (or email), and
- resume/CV, and
- A written response to each selection criteria contained in the Position Description. Persons not responding to each selection criteria will not be considered.
Address your application to Andrew Holland, Executive Director, ASMOF NSW, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Manager of Organising and Industrial Strategy.
COB Friday, 17 February 2023.
ASMOF NSW is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fosters a diverse workplace.