Member Development Officer – NSWNMA
Member Development Officer
12 month Temporary Part-time (14 hours per week)
$78,618.00 per annum pro rata
+ Superannuation + Christmas shut down
The New South Wales Nurses and Midwives’ Association (NSWNMA) in association with the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation New South Wales Branch (ANMF NSW Branch) seeks a Member Development Officer to join our Professional Services team on a 12 month temporary part-time basis.
Current nursing/midwifery students are invited to work with us and spread the word about the NSWNMA and ANMF NSW Branch. The job is flexible, 14 hours per week – so it’s perfect for a student. Plus, we’ll give you leave for exams and placements.
In this role you will:
• Work in accordance with NSWNMA/ANMF NSW Branch Policy and Procedures.
• Contribute to the performance of the team.
• Maintain a plan of work which ensures that workplace visits, team meetings, and meetings with team manager are undertaken.
• Identify and develop activists.
• Maximise early connection of students with the NSWNMA/ANMF NSW Branch.
• Promote the activities of the union.
• Participate in campaigns as directed.
• Debrief with team members.
• Acquire, develop and maintain knowledge of all university activities that would be suitable to attend.
• Prepare reports, briefing notes and correspondence as required.
• Represent the NSWNMA on internal working groups and external committees as directed.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with other teams within the NSWNMA.
• Work closely with the Recruitment Liaison Officer under the direction of the Manager.
• Refer matters requiring attention to the Manager, Professional Services.
To be considered for this role you require:
• Demonstrated commitment to the union movement (Union Membership is essential).
• Currently undertaking a course of study leading to a qualification in nursing/midwifery.
• Demonstrated capacity to be an open learner.
• Commitment to contribute and work within a team.
• Commitment to acquiring the skills of Union Member Developer.
• Demonstrated time management skills.
• A good command of the English language both written and oral.
• Demonstrated capacity to listen and use active listening techniques.
• Ability to network and form alliances with all students as well as young nurses and midwives.
• Computer skills –
• Well-developed information technology skills.
• Able to undertake internet searches and use email and social media sites.
• Administrative skills –
•Demonstrate a willingness to learn.
• Demonstrate a professional telephone manner.
• Demonstrate a proficiency in writing file notes, reports and letters.
• Current NSW drivers licence.
• Active participation or organising of local groups.
• Successful establishment of networks relating to a social justice or political issues.
• Working towards knowledge of contemporary nursing/midwifery and health industry standards.
• Demonstrated ability to think analytically.
How to apply for this position:
Click here to apply for this position online. Your application must briefly address each point of the selection criteria found in the Member Development Officer position description.
Applications close Wednesday, 20 November 2019.
NSWNMA/ANMF NSW Branch is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fosters a diverse workplace.