About the Media, Entertainment & Arts Alliance
The MEAA is the union and leading advocate for performers, journalists, crew and all other workers in the media, entertainment and arts industries and has over 15,000 members.
Building on our proud history we aim to empower the people who inform and entertain Australia through:
Our members include people working in television, radio, theatre and film, entertainment venues and recreation grounds, as journalists, actors, dancers, sportspeople, cartoonists and photographers, orchestral and opera performers, as well as people working in public relations, advertising, book publishing and website production.
Our Locations and Staffing
The MEAA national office is in Redfern in Sydney.
There are branch offices located in Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.
MEAA represents its members who are based throughout Australia.
Member Services Team Manager
The role manages MEAA’s team of member services consultants, providing integrated member servicing and a liaison point for MEAA industry sections. The team serves MEAA members by answering questions, troubleshooting and managing industrial and employment issues, allocating and reporting to relevant teams, maintaining MEAA databases, understanding, communicating and operationalising campaign activities and asking people to become part of MEAA.
The Member Services Team Manager will ensure MEAA industry section Directors are informed of all relevant cases, trends and workplace and industry issues observed and presented to the member services team. The manager will ensure all cases presented to the member services team are handled by providing strategic and specific case management options.
· Knowledge of Industrial and employment law
· Understanding and experience with case management and related procedures and systems
· Staff management experience
· Understanding and experience in strategic planning and reporting
· Understanding of union organising practices and principles
· Management of the member services team
· Triaging of cases and ongoing case management
· Ensure prompt and effective response to all membership enquiries
· Reporting to MEAA industry sections
· Provide advise and services to industry sections, including for in bound and out bound systematic member and non member engagement
· Assist MEAA industry section planning and reporting
· Ensure effective and efficient use of all relevant member and non member engagement techniques and methods (telephone, email, electronic messaging etc)
· Ensure effective and efficient use and management of MEAA’s membership case management database
· Adherence to MEAA policy
· Director Operations
Applications close on Friday 9 April 2021 at 5pm. Please forward your curriculum vitae and covering letter to email@example.com