Membership Operator – NSWTF
Date Advertised 13/05/2022
The New South Wales Teachers Federation is the registered trade union representing NSW public school teachers in pre-schools, infants, primary and secondary schools and TAFE Institutes. The NSW Teachers Federation looks after a multiplicity of issues on behalf of teachers. It also regards public education as a strong foundation for a sure future. Thus, it campaigns for betterments for all students who attend public schools so that they will receive a quality education.
About the Role
We currently have 1 vacant fixed-term full time position available until 28 October 22.
The Membership Operator supports the organisation by providing customer service to Members and completing administration tasks to maintain accurate records relating to the membership details of Federation.
To be considered for this fixed term full-time position you will need to clearly demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Computer skills, in particular a minimum of intermediate MS Office and knowledge of database applications.
- Attention to detail, planning and organising skills and the ability to work in high pressure situations with conflicting priorities.
- Numerical aptitude, fast and accurate data entry skills.
- Superior telephone and customer service etiquette.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels including difficult people/members.
- The ability to learn and apply Federation Rules, policies and procedures.
- Respect for sensitivity and confidentiality of issues handled.
- Positive attitude to unionism.
- Demonstrated awareness of WHS policies and procedures.
How to Apply
To apply for the position, please send your application including a cover letter that addresses the requirements as listed, and a current resume by clicking on the APPLY button below or email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Membership Operator” in the subject line.
Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed, and appointment is conditional upon successful reference checks and a probationary period. Successful candidates will be required to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination status.
No agency applications will be considered.