UNITED WORKERS UNION
The United Workers Union is seeking a highly motivated Industrial Officer to take up the role of National Industrial Coordinator. The role can be based in any State in Australia.
ABOUT UNITED WORKERS’ UNION
United Workers’ Union is a powerful member-led union whose sole purpose is to serve the collective interests of members in workplaces and communities by winning significant and long-lasting gains.
The Union is driving change by growing union membership, developing leadership amongst our members, encouraging active member participation in the union, building and enforcing standards in our sectors, and campaigning both politically and in the community.
As a union with a proudly diverse membership, we are committed to equity and inclusion; and continuing to build a union that is truly representative of the workers we cover. We strive to ensure that every member’s voice can be heard and create opportunities for participation from members with diverse backgrounds in all activities/functions of the Union. We encourage applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
The United Workers Union is proudly affiliated with the Australian Labor Party.
• Manage a team of Lead Industrial officers, who Lead UWU industrial teams across Australia
• Work with Industrial Leads to allocate and manage individual and collective industrial work across UWU
• Develop and administer a national case management system for industrial and legal work across UWU
• Collaborate with portfolio leadership to enhance systems to drive efficiencies and identify strategic opportunities
• Ensure the work of the team assists to retain union members, encourage new members to join, and increase member participation in their union;
• Maintain and develop the industrial knowledge and standards across UWU
• Other duties associated with ensuring a high standard is maintained to provide assistance to Union members;
• Ensure that the Union’s values of equity, diversity and inclusion are upheld and promoted.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
The National Industrial Coordinator demonstrates:
• Passion and drive to improve workers’ lives and help grow the union movement
• Ability in managing expectations around dispute resolution;
• Ability in using legislation, awards and agreements to enforce member’s rights and entitlements;
• A solid knowledge and understanding of the Australian industrial relations environment;
• Significant experience in advocacy, preferably through the Fair Work Commission or relevant Courts;
• Experience in managing a team;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
To perform this job, you will also be required to have or obtain and maintain:
• A valid driver’s licence; and
• Right of Entry Permits
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, which will include:
• Salary commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience;
• 16% superannuation
• 6 weeks annual leave plus 25% leave loading
Applications close 9am (AEDT) Friday 18 June 2021
For further information about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume, together with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to Julie Korlevska, Deputy Director (People, Culture and Change) to email@example.com