National Legal Officer/Research Officer / AMWU
Date Advertised 26/07/2022
NATIONAL LEGAL OFFICER/RESEARCH OFFICER
The Australian Manufacturing Workers’ Union has a full-time permanent vacancy for a National Legal Officer/Research Officer to provide industrial, legal, and policy advice. The position is located at the Union’s National Office in Granville, NSW.
- preparing cases and representing the AMWU before courts and tribunals including the Fair Work Commission;
- providing advice and information to officials, officers, organisers, delegates, and members of the Union;
- work collaboratively with union officials, organisers, and staff to protect and improve members interests and the Unions industrial strategy;
- research, monitor, and report on developments in industrial and employment law;
- researching and reporting on issues affecting workers covered by the Union;
- preparing submissions for internal and external inquiries;
- conducting corporate and industry research, and supporting organising initiatives as required and
- miscellaneous projects as required to support the governance, administrative and political work of the Union.
Highly developed research and advocacy abilities are required; legal or other relevant qualifications are desirable. Preferred applicants will have at least 3 years experience in Industrial Relations or related discipline using research and advocacy skills.
Applicants must be strongly committed to trade unionism and the interests of workers in the manufacturing industry.
The AMWU values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals.
Applications including a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, resume and references should be forwarded by close of business Friday, 12 August 2022 to: