National Membership Team Member (6 Month Contract) – UWU
National Membership Team Member 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Overview of position
The role of the Member Services Team (MST) Member is to deliver exceptional day to day services to members and Branches of United Workers’ Union. The MST Member will provide high quality and consistent advice and support in a cost effective and efficient way, to positively impact on Branch effectiveness, efficiency and confidence.
The MST provide a shared business environment for the Branches of United Workers’ Union. The business environment will continuously enhance service, compliance and productivity. The primary goals for the MST include:
- Integrate people, processes, and technology to provide a balanced service level to the Branch;
- Create a collaborative environment where trusted relationships and teamwork are encouraged between the Branches and the MST to further United Workers’ Union’s vision and goals;
- Create an organisational structure that balances strategic and operational efforts and that promotes efficiencies;
- Take a member-focussed approach to member interactions;
- Ensure consistent application of procedures and processes to ensure quality service provision and data quality;
- Reduce unnecessary costs.
The duties of this position are:
- Deliver a quality and professional service to all members and Branches of United Workers’ Union.
- Work within a team of MST Members to ensure the team meets its objectives.
- Process membership transactions including new members, financial transactions and resignations.
- Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with the Branch Executives and Branch staff with a focus on delivering on service expectations, adding value to Branch operations and problem solving.
- Comply with policies and Standard Operating Procedures to ensure high quality and consistent service delivery.
- Ensure workflow processes are actioned in a timely and consistent manner.
- Ensure quality of data entry and take steps to enhance where possible.
- Resolve and escalate queries as necessary.
- Adhere to existing working practices, methods, and procedures.
- Undertake relevant training and development activities.
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
Standard hours 7 hours per day/35 hours per week with the option to work an extra 20 mins per day for an RDO per month. Daily hours of operation are 8:30 am to 8:00 pm Western Standard Time/Western Daily Standard Time Monday-Friday. This position will be required to work as part of a roster which ensures coverage of the operational hours.
The skills required for this position are:
- Demonstrated experience in working in high performing teams / shared services environment;
- A high level of accuracy;
- Exceptional customer/member service, telephone and typing skills;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and liaison skills;
- Ability to multitask, stay focused and work when scheduled;
- A commitment to the United Workers’ Union’s values.
Delegations of authority
When applying please ensure you include
- Cover letter
- Additional document addressing the selection criteria
Completed applications to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 13 December 2019