The Australian Manufacturing Workers’ Union has a full-time permanent vacancy for a National Research Officer to provide industrial, legal, and policy advice. The position is located at the Union’s National Office in Granville, NSW.
• preparing cases and representing the AMWU before courts and tribunals
including the Fair Work Commission;
• providing advice and information to officials, officers, organisers, delegates,
and members of the Union;
• research, monitor, and report on developments in industrial and employment
• researching and reporting on issues affecting workers covered by the Union;
• preparing submissions for internal and external inquiries;
• conducting corporate and industry research, and supporting organising
initiatives as required; and
• miscellaneous projects as required to support the governance, administrative
and political work of the Union.
Highly developed research and advocacy abilities are required; legal or other
relevant qualifications are desirable. Preferred applicants will have at least 3 years’ experience in Industrial Relations or related discipline using research and advocacy skills.
Applicants must be strongly committed to trade unionism and the interests of
workers in the manufacturing industry.
The AMWU values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals.
Applications including a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, resume and references should be forwarded by close of business Friday, 10 July 2020 to: