The Health Services Union NSW/ACT/QLD is a growing 43,000-member strong union that uses our collective power to build a fair and just society for our members in the health and aged care industry. The Health Services Union offers a collaborative environment which focuses on teamwork, empowerment, innovation, integrity, and accountability.
About the role:
Aged care workers earn as little as $21.00/hr to provide essential care to the most vulnerable in our communities. Our members are organising to take on the Federal Government to fund a fair pay increase for all aged care workers- our Fight For 25 campaign.
The HSU is looking for three organisers (Metro and Regional) to join our growing Aged Care Division to support the organising efforts of HSU members in our Fight For 25.
Organisers in the Aged Care Division are part of a dynamic team who share their knowledge and experiences and are always looking to learn from each other. That supportive, open culture has been crucial in the team’s success to date. We are looking for three people to join our amazing team:
- Metro: Based in Sydney organising members in Western Sydney/Blue Mountains
- Metro/West: Based in Sydney organising members in Western Sydney and Western NSW areas
- North Coast: Based on the Mid North Coast organising members across the region
- A strong commitment to trade union values and the principles of organising
- Demonstrated success in recruiting new members and developing workplace leaders
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously as the campaign requires
- A lifelong learner
- Valid driver’s license
Previous experience in the aged care or related sectors and language skills will be looked at favourable. The roles with regional responsibilities involve frequent travel throughout the state, including overnight stays away from home.
The HSU encourage applications for this role from current workplace delegates, experienced organisers, people of all genders, from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent.
If interested, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com, using the subject line: Organiser Aged Care
A copy of the position description can be found here
Applications close: COB Friday 25 September 2020
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE