The Health Services Union NSW/ACT/QLD is a growing 43,000-member strong union that aims to use its collective power to build a fair and just society through improving conditions for our members in the health and aged care industry. The organisation’s annual turnover is approximately $24m, with an employee base of approximately 120 staff.
The Health Services Union offers a collaborative environment which focuses on teamwork, empowerment, innovation, integrity and accountability.
The HSU is currently hiring for Organisers in New South Wales metro areas in the Public Health Division.
- Recruit workers to the HSU;
- Build activism amongst union members and mentoring members into leadership
- Engage with workers at public hospitals, public imaging, public pathology and public practices across Sydney, NSW.
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrated commitment to trade union values
- High level written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with, and develop the skills and confidence of members and delegates, with a strong focus on recruiting new members and delegates
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritise work to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to work semi-autonomously
- Demonstrated initiative, drive and resilience in an ever-changing environment
- Computer literacy and keyboard skills
- A current driver’s licence is essential
Desirable Experience and Qualifications
- Experience working in Health or a similar setting.
- Language skills in addition to English.
Please note that some travel throughout the State, an occasional overnight stay away from home and flexibility in start and finish times are an expectation of the role
The HSU encourage applications for this role from current workplace delegates, experienced Organisers, people of all genders, from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent. Experience as an Organiser is not necessarily required as we will support the right applicant to develop the required skills.
If interested, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com, using the subject line: Organiser Public Health.
Applications close: COB 11 August 2020
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE