Organiser, Public Health Organising Team
15-month temporary full-time
$113,078.00 per annum + Superannuation + 12 RDOs
+ 5 weeks annual leave + Christmas shutdown
The New South Wales Nurses and Midwives’ Association (NSWNMA) in association with the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation New South Wales Branch (ANMF NSW Branch) seeks an Organiser to join our Public Health Organising Team (PHO) on a 15-month temporary full-time basis commencing 3 May 2021.
In this role you will:
- Build union power through systematic organisation
- Recruit members utilising recruitment strategies and face-to-face conversations
- Identify and develop activists
- Develop and implement formal organising plans to form new workplace branches and retain existing branches
- Participate in workplace campaigns
- Contribute to the NSWNMA’s goals to achieve collective outcomes.
To be considered for this position you require:
- Demonstrated commitment to the union movement
- Recognised qualifications in the field of nursing or midwifery
- Two years financial NSWNMA/ ANMF NSW Branch membership
- Commitment to acquiring and developing the skills of organising
- Demonstrated capacity to be an open learner
- Commitment to contribute and work within a team
- Demonstrated commitment to the nursing and midwifery professions
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Proficient use of the English Language both written and oral
- Demonstrated capacity to listen and use active listening techniques
- Demonstrated ability to use a computer and smartphone or similar device
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office
- A demonstrated ability to write formal letters, reports and other forms of documentation
- Full and current NSW driver licence.
- Experience in working in a range of workplaces
- Experience of working for a union
- Experience in community organising or active participation in local groups/networks
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve
- Ability to speak, read and write in a second language.
How to apply for this position:
Click here to submit your application online. Your application must briefly address each point of the selection criteria found in the Organiser Level 1, PHO position description.
Applications close Friday, 9 April 2021.
NSWNMA/ANMF NSW Branch is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fosters a diverse workplace.