Organiser / RTBU NSW Branch
Date Advertised 2/08/2022
ORGANISER – RTBU NSW BRANCH
Overview: The RTBU NSW Branch covers workers employed in the Rail, Tram and Bus Industry in NSW and the ACT. The RTBU is seeking an experienced organiser to work with delegates and members to build power across our industry.
The Organiser works autonomously under the direction of the Director of Organising.
The position will be based at the RTBU’s Sydney office.
A brief outline of the position:
- Implement and participate in workplace campaigns and organising strategies that are based on union priorities and increase member numbers, grow member activism and develop workplace leadership that delivers on issues of member interest.
- Source and recruit new delegates, and provide support, guidance, tools and resources to encourage delegate development and member empowerment at the local level.
- Maintain high visibility with Delegates, members and employers using contemporary organising methods.
- Ensure the day-to-day issues of members and workplaces are dealt with in a professional and timely manner and that the RTBU has a proactive and visible presence.
- Contribute to the overall knowledge of the organising function of the RTBU, ensuring peers, colleagues and other Divisions are supported while carrying out their duties and responsibilities.
Experience & Qualifications
- Commitment to trade union values
- Experience working with workers in blue collar industries.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, supporting, and developing union delegates
- Working knowledge of industrial relations legislation
- High level networking and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage reporting requirements and deadlines
- Drivers licence and willingness to travel throughout NSW.
Remuneration will be determined according to skills and experience.
- 15 days personal leave
- 5 weeks annual leave (20% leave loading).
- 1 Rostered Day Off per month.
Your application should include a resume and a cover letter responding to each of criteria set out above.
Applications must be received by 5pm, 20 August 2022.
Send Application to
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org addressing it to the Director of Organising – RTBU NSW.
Applications will be handled with Confidentiality.
Applications Close: 5pm, 20 August 2022.