Part-Time Outbound Helpdesk Officer – AMWU
AMWU Helpdesk: Part-Time Outbound Helpdesk Officer
The AMWU is seeking an Outbound Helpdesk Officer for our national members Helpdesk. This part-time position involves making outbound calls to members of the AMWU in support of various union campaigns and speaking to our members about their membership and the key issues they face at work.
The AMWU Helpdesk is located at the Union’s national office in Granville NSW and is an integral part of our Union. The AMWU Helpdesk provides ongoing support, advice and assistance to our members in workplaces nationwide. Our campaigns aim to build the strength of our Union and support our officials to organise, represent and advocate for the needs and rights of our members.
The successful candidate should have experience working in an outbound contact centre role, be passionate about the trade union movement and provide exceptional service to our members. They will require a confident and professional phone manner. They will be organised. They will have well developed written and verbal communication skills and be competent across computer, phone and administrative functions.
Hours of work
The hours of work for this position are 16 hours per week, from Monday to Thursday, 4pm - 8pm.
Availability across all four days is required.
The AMWU is one of the largest manufacturing trade unions in Australia. We represent workers in the metals trades, printing, paper industry, vehicle industry, food and confectionary industry as well as technical trades and professions.
The AMWU Helpdesk is located at the AMWU National office in Granville NSW.
The AMWU Helpdesk is an integral part of our Union, which provides ongoing support, advice and assistance to our members in workplaces nationwide.
The position is a part-time fixed term contract of 12 months and is offering an hourly rate of $32.41 per hour, plus 10.5% super.
Successful candidates will be subject to a 6-month probationary period.
Successful applicants should have a commitment to the principles of trade unionism and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience in a similar customer service or outbound contact center role
- A high standard of customer service and confident phone manner
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well in a team, and foster a mature and supportive team culture
- Has a positive attitude and is motivated and solution focused
- Ability to remain flexible, multitask and work well under pressure
- Has advanced internet and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook) skills
- Quick keyboard and typing skills
- Tertiary qualifications or study in industrial relations, law, social sciences, economics or equivalent experience is desirable.
Application close date
Applications for the position are to be received by close of business on 18/02/2020 and should include a copy of your resume with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your suitability for the role.
Please forward to the AMWU Senior Helpdesk Officers: Matthew Gilfillan and Stephen Phan
AMWU Senior Helpdesk Officers
PO Box 160
GRANVILLE NSW 2142
Please contact the AMWU Senior Helpdesk Officers: Matthew Gilfillan and Stephen Phan on 1300 732 698 Australian Manufacturing Workers Union for further information regarding the position.
The AMWU is an equal opportunity employer