The NSW Teachers Federation represents school teachers in New South Wales public pre-schools, infants, primary and secondary schools, Schools for Specific Purposes and teachers working in consultant/advisory positions. Teachers in TAFE and Corrective Services are also represented by Federation. The current financial membership totals over 66,000 practicing teachers and student teacher members. The Federation regards public education as a strong foundation for a sure future; it campaigns for betterments for all students who attend public schools so that they will receive a quality education.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the full time position of the Payroll Manager. The Payroll Manager is responsible for accurate recording, reporting, processing and implementation of salaries and wages; including Superannuation, taxation, and Salary Packaging, Award interpretation, general ledger accounts and Workers Compensation Payments.
- To be considered you will need to clearly demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Relevant qualifications and/or equivalent skills and knowledge in payroll
- End to end payroll processing on a weekly and fortnightly basis
- Demonstrated proficiency using integrated computerised accounting systems, including a minimum of 5 years' experience with chris21 application
- Understanding and interpretation of multi-award and other relevant legislation, regulations, standards and codes of practice
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- High level stakeholder management experience
- Confidential oral and written communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply for the position, please send a cover letter that addresses the requirements as listed, and a current resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Payroll Manager application via Unions NSW
- closing date COB Friday 23 October
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed, and appointment is conditional upon successful reference checks and a probationary period.
- No agency applications will be considered.