Payroll Officer / Health Services Union NSW/ACT/QLD
Date Advertised 22/06/2022
The Health Services Union NSW/ACT/QLD (HSU) is one of the fastest growing unions in Australia, with 45,000 plus members in health, aged care, disabilities, paramedics, and ambulance services. The HSU uses its collective power to build a fair and just society through improving pay and conditions for our members. The organisation’s annual turnover is approximately $24m, with an employee base of approximately 120 staff.
About the role:
The HSU is looking for a payroll professional as an exciting addition to our Finance team. This is a full-time permanent position, based in our Sydney CBD Office. The Payroll Officer will support the union with the management of the payroll function, which is the largest cost outlay for the HSU.
• Weekly payroll processing for all staff
• Reconciliation of leave applications and follow up outstanding
• Processing of staff timesheets and follow up outstanding
• PAYG paid to the ATO weekly
• End of month and end of year payroll reporting and monthly/yearly system rollovers
• Monthly payroll tax calculations and yearly reconciliation for NSW & ACT & QLD
• Monthly employee superannuation processing and payments
• Liaise with management and staff regarding payroll queries
• Assist with the administration of the employee portal ConnX system
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Experience in payroll processing and reporting
• Experience in the Sage Micropay payroll system is essential
• Experience in general ledger data entry
• Deadline oriented and results focused
• Excellent communication and customer service skills and the demonstrated ability to apply initiative and to problem solve
• Excellent knowledge and high proficiency with current office technology and equipment including computer packages such as the Microsoft Office Suite
• At least 5 years’ experience working within a similar role
• Experience in ConnX Human Resources Portal
• Generous salary in line with your skills and experience
For further information about this position, please contact Deputy Manager of Finance, Janaki Puvanarajah: Janaki.email@example.com
Please provide a cover letter addressing the Essential Skills and Experience above with your resume to Ayshe Lewis via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: COB 1 July 2022
Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this role.
The HSU has a mandatory vaccination policy. Please consider this prior to submitting an application.