Recruitment Officer (Canberra, ACT) – Private Sector Clerical & Administrative – USU
Date Advertised 29/08/2022
The Union is seeking to employ a Membership Recruitment Officer for its ACT Clerical & Administrative Branch for a permanent appointment. The position is based in the Union’s Office at 3/289 Canberra Ave, Fyshwick ACT 2609.
The position is responsible for the planning, development, co-ordination and implementation of recruitment and marketing strategies to ensure the on-going viability of the Union within the Clerical, Administrative, Energy, Airlines and Utilities Sectors. The position works under the direction of the General Secretary pursuant to our rules but reports to the Manager of Energy, Utilities, Private Sector & Airlines.
USU employees work a thirty-five-hour week and enjoy a nine-day fortnight but due to the nature of the position a flexible approach to working hours is an essential requirement. The USU offers attractive conditions of employment.
To be considered for this role applicants must:
- Demonstrate their ability to organise, recruit and plan campaigns within an industrial framework
- Indicate their experience as a delegate or activist in representing the interests of members within an appropriate industry
- Identify their knowledge of:
- Site mapping,
- Marketing and recruitment principles within an industrial context,
- Awards and legislation that impact on members.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Trade Unionism including any reference to completed Union training.
A vehicle is supplied as a tool of trade.
Salary range is from grade 2 level 5 $84,271.53 pa (plus superannuation) to grade 3 level 4 $94,769.64 pa (plus superannuation).
Interested candidates must provide introduction letter, resume and written response to each selection criteria (persons not completing selection criteria will not be considered). The Position Description can be downloaded here.
Applications to: Manager Energy, Utilities, Private Sector & Airlines, Peter Campise, at email@example.com. Applications will be received until 4pm Friday 30 September 2022.