Union Organiser – AMWU
Date Advertised 23/09/2022
The AMWU NSW Branch is looking to employ a Full Time Union Organiser to join our NSW Team, working
with us to build our organising capability.
The position is based in Granville, but involves some regional and interstate travel.
This position involves working with members, potential members, union delegates, Health and Safety
Representatives and other officials and officers of the Union.
This role will centre primarily around building the capacity of union delegates to organise for
stronger industrial and health and safety outcomes.
There is a strong emphasis on communicating with and supporting workplace delegates and leaders.
The tasks will include creating and working to organising and development plans, supporting
delegates through workplace disputes and negotiations, and communicating with groups of
Experience and qualifications
• Demonstrated commitment to trade union values:
• Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with and support delegates, members and union officials;
• Demonstrated ability to develop and work to organising plans and activities and their planned
• Well developed written communication skills,
• Ability to read and interpret a clause in a Fair Work Act, Award or an Enterprise Agreement,
• Computer literacy and keyboard skills: word processing, email and SMS systems,
• Must be able to demonstrate strong negotiation skills
• Demonstrated ability to “talk union” with potential members and members, including directly and
indirectly joining up new members,
• Ability to recruit members,
• Current driver’s license.
AUSTRALIAN MANUFACTURING WORKERS’ UNION – NSW BRANCH
Level 3, 133 Parramatta Rd, Granville NSW 2142 | ALL MAIL TO: PO Box 167, Granville NSW 2142
Desirable / Useful:
• Previous experience working as an organiser in the union movement,
• Knowledge of and use of organising frameworks,
• Additional computer literacy and keyboard skills,
• Preparing drafts of leaflets and flyers for workplace and online distribution
Salary: Level 4 to 5 depending on experience
Applications close a 4.30pm on Friday, 30 September 2022.
Send applications to:
Cory Wright, AMWU NSW State Secretary – email firstname.lastname@example.org