United Voice NSW Branch – Organising Lead Full Time – Reporting to Big Steps National Organising Director
Position: Organising Lead
Employer: United Voice NSW Branch
Work Type/s: Full Time
- Classification/s: Advocacy and Campaigns Unions and Workers Rights
- Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
- Location: Sydney
- Job posted on: 27th of August 2019
- Applications close: 9th September 2019
An exciting opportunity for an Lead Organiser to join United Voice in a permanent role. The successful applicant will work in the national Big Steps Campaign, initially to fill a maternity leave position.
Overview of the Position
United Voice NSW Branch’s purpose is to “Unlock the collective power of workers in our coverage, so that they are valued, respected and agents of socially progressive change in their work, lives and communities”
An Organising Lead plays an important role in achieving the Branch’s purpose.
Through the Big Steps campaign, United Voice members are working to build a world-class early education sector and a powerful and sustainable union of educators, who are paid a professional wage and are in control of their work.
Key goals of this position:
- Develop Organisers and delegates/member leaders to build sustainable organisation;
- Work with the Organising Director to develop and review strategic organising and campaign plans
- Operationalise strategic organising and campaign plans with specific focus on recruitment and leadership development goals.
- Implement online to offline organising plans
- Be able to move into different Organising Lead roles depending on the needs of the branch, the campaign or the national union.
Key responsibilities of this position:
- Ensure effective translation of strategic organising plan into operational plans with measurable recruitment and leadership development targets;
- Manage organisers within the team and allocate work accordingly;
- Provide required reporting on outcomes of operational plans;
- Work with the Organising Director to identify opportunities and manage any risks;
- Assess and support the development of both member leaders and Organisers
- Implement organising and accountability tools, including digital organising tools;
- Promote the direction of the Union;
- Work with Executive Officers and broader Leadership Team to improve union structures that help grow the Union;
- Promote a positive internal culture and shared unity of purpose.
How to apply for this job
The full position description can be viewed here.
Please provide a resume and cover letter addressed to Sarah Gardner, National Organising Director, care of email@example.com ,
Please ensure the cover letter addresses the selection criteria in the position description.
Inquiries can be directed to Sarah Gardner, Big Steps National Organising Director on 0425 214 854.