United Voice – Union Organiser
- Employer: United Voice NSW Branch
- Work Type/s: Full Time
- Classification/s: Advocacy and Campaigns Unions and Workers Rights
- Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
- Location: Sydney
- Applications close: 23rd September 2019
The United Voice is seeking to employ a Union Organiser based out of its Sydney office, NSW. This is an opportunity for an individual with a commitment to union values to work in a dynamic and challenging role. While the position is based in Sydney, it will cover work sites throughout NSW, and you will also be part of a national team.
The successful applicant will have the following industrial responsibilities:
- Problem solving and empowering workers to resolve day to day industrial issues
- Provide industrial advice and assistance
- Organise workers to build their power and influence to improve their workplace’s/industries through enterprise bargaining.
- Planning and implementing workplace specific, community or industry campaigns to promote members’ interests
- Building a strong and effective union in workplaces by join non-union members to the union
- Workplace mapping, issue identification and new member organising
- Running mass meetings with members
- Building sustainable union structures in our workplaces and industries
- Enforcing of Agreements and Awards
- Demonstrated commitment to trade unionism, social justice and labour values
- A current drivers’ license
- The ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment.
- Strong time management and personal organisational skills, including the ability to perform work within specified timelines and plan work systematically and effectively.
- Ability to work outside of ordinary working hours
A background in Union organising, industrial relations or working for a Not-for-profit organisation or law firm, will be considered favourably.
Remuneration will be based on the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Please forward your cover letter and CV addressed to Mel Gatfield (firstname.lastname@example.org) using the subject line: Union Organiser application via UnionsNSW.